Tuesday 17 November 2009

The disappearing travellers

Now, when you go on these travelling thingies you expect all sorts of things to be blocked - routes to your intended destination, toilets, worse still, I could go on... but your blog?

This morning I picked up an e-mail from Rebecca asking me to post a note on her blog letting readers know that she hasn't been able to access her blog and and asking me to post an update. I'll be letting her know I can post a full blog posting as soon as she sends it to me. Meantime, I thought you might enjoy the following from her e-mail:

We are safely installed in Shanghai- where it is cold and grey and we have colds to match! We've been having a good time and seen lots and eaten lots. Mongolia was definitely a highlight - we went on a 9 day tour, staying in gers, riding horses to a volcanic crater, and playing basketball on a frozen lake. It was a relief to be in mutton-free civilisation though... Then Beijing- we had a stunning walk along the great wall, in the sun with snow all around. [Rebecca's cousins] David and Chloe are excited to have us, as you can imagine. We've been on the trampoline and on the bikes, and played some badminton.

Oh! And who am I? That's entirely immaterial :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment